Building challenges are all the rage and YouTubers are always trying out the latest and greatest challenges in their build videos. Sims 4 build challenges are a great way to push your limits and inspire you to try new things. So if you are seeking inspiration why not try one of these challenges on for size…
Build a dollhouse
Every little girl dreamed of a dollhouse. Inside those 3 walls was the perfect life. Create this in the Sims by building a house that is completely open on one side.
I could not find who created this challenge originally, but it has been done again and again by almost every Simmer you can think of…
· Create a home that has multiple levels.
· Doors must be on the sides of each room.
· House must be open on the front or back.
· The house must be at least 5-7 tiles deep.
· Must look like a real house from the front.
Solid colour challenge
Another challenge from Sims Online, you are to build a house using only on colour! Choose your favourite colour or spin a wheel and let fate decide, then fill the home with items that only come in that colour. No purple fridge? Then you go without it. This challenge was created by GoldenSimmer.
· One colour per build. Choose a colour before starting by deciding on your own or spinning a colour wheel.
· No items of other colours allowed.
· No changing your colour once you begin.
· Items that are multi-coloured must be predominantly your main colour.
· Must be a house.
· Mailboxes can be placed despite their colour.
The 10K starter is a great way to push the limits with your builds. The goal of this challenge is to create a fully functional starter home that costs less than 10K.
· The entire lot must stay below 10K
· Must have at least 1 bedroom.
· Must include a functional bathroom an kitchen.
Outta this World Challenge:
Create a unique home for an alien who has decided to stick around on earth for a while.
· Use ONLY Base Game and Get to Work.
· Must Include a telescope.
· Should have a UFO on the lot.
· Needs to be ‘outta this world.’
Ugly House Challenge:
Sims can sometimes be too perfect. Spice things up by building the ugliest house possible. This challenge, which has been done all over the internet, is sure to get you out of your comfort zone.
· Build an awful looking house.
· Use at least 10 different colors on the outside of the house.
· Don’t build a box but use weird shapes instead.
· Use sad looking plants and trees in the garden.
· Debug and game cheats allowed but NO CC
· No budget.
Think Green! Build an eco-friendly family home for at least 4 Sims.
· Must contain some eco-friendly items (appliances, solar panels, water collection system, etc.)
· Must be built in Evergreen Harbor or Willow Creek (if you do not own the eco lifestyle pack)
· Must be on a lot that is 30x20.
· Must have a garden to grow food.
To complete this challenge, download the #SeasonalTHshell by MisstoryPlays and decorate each townhouse as a different season. (Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter).
· Each house should be designed to match a different season.
· Keep the seasons in order.
· Landscaping can be used to separate the yards and should match the season and style of the home.
· There is no budget restriction on this challenge.
The Other Side of Newcrest Challenge:
I created this challenge myself because The Sims is far too perfect for my liking. Life is messey and dramatic. We don’t all live in perfect houses or have perfect lives. For this challenge you are to turn Newcrest into a Ghetto! A run down house, a sleazy trailer park, or a pawn shop should line the streets of Newcrest. Create a world that is less than ideal. If you try this challenge post your creations using #GhettoNewcrest.
· Choose any lot in Newcrest and create a lot that is far from ideal.
· Lots can be residential or community lots.
· The build MUST be run-down and look ‘ghetto’
· You CAN use debug, game cheats, or T.O.O.L but NO CC
· Upload to the gallery using #GhettoNewcrest
· The more ghetto the lot the better